So maybe that’s a little dramatic but it will definitely save your sanity and save your drawer space.
- With file folding you don’t have to worry about your piles falling over every time you reach for shirt in the middle.
- It also makes it easier to put clean shirts back whether you have a stack of them or just one.
- You can fit more in a drawer because you’re utilizing vertical space.
- You can see your clothes better.
- It works for all types of clothes.
So what is file folding? Some folks call it the Marie Kondo method but I think it’s a little simpler.
- Fold the t-shirt with the shoulders in first
- Fold the body to bring the bottom to the top
- Fold that in half so that you’ve folded the body of the shirt into 4ths.
When you have a stack, you can place them in your drawer and they line up like files in a drawer.
Give file folding a try and see if it doesn’t change your life, or at least your drawers. 😉