I love to save time….almost as much as I hate wasting time!!
And I love to share the sneaky tricks to saving time and getting organized without realizing it. Easier is always better, at least when it comes to clearing clutter and creating order.
So today’s tips are all about how to #uncomplicate your closet and these will take you than 5 minutes. I promise.
- Clear out all of the empty hangers in your closet. I’m talking about the metal hangers from the dry cleaners and the store hangers that held the dress that you bought that you no longer need. Unless there is something specific that lives on that hanger, get rid of it. Put it in another closet or give it away.
- Clear out all of the empty boxes. These can be shoe boxes, jewelry boxes, gift boxes, or delivery boxes. I’m looking at you, Amazon! Unless you store something in that box, get rid of it!
- Clear out any trash on the floor or shelf. Toss all of the old receipts, packing lists, and tissue paper.
- Get rid of excess shopping bags. You probably don’t have as many of these because of online shopping but you can still look through your closet for any remaining.
- Throw out and recycle dry cleaners bags. You know how I feel about these. 😩 Because it’s August you probably don’t have a lot of them in your closet but what you do have, you don’t need. They can be recycled at most grocery store chains.
See what I mean? Tossing these items should take you less than 5 minutes unless it’s been a loooong time since you’ve last done it.
Doesn’t your closet look better? And you didn’t have to make any decisions about whether to keep or toss. You just got rid of the stuff you know you don’t need! Yay, you!
Easy and painless is so much better, don’t you think?